- Mediation is a very flexible process and the mediator will work with the parties to design a process that works best for the type of issues and the needs of the parties.
- In general, mediation usually involves in person meetings facilitated by the mediator.
- The mediator will sometimes meet with the parties and their representatives separately, particularly as part of the preparation process.
- The mediator may suggest the use of technology such as telephone, e-mail or web-conferencing, to support the mediation process.
- Once the parties reach an agreement, the mediator will usually assist the parties to document their proposals for agreement.
- The process for family mediation is described in more detail here.